Home Health Aide PCT 102
Learn to care for people in the comfort of their own home – enabling patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services, and teaching families.
If you would rather work one-on-one with a patient or in a home setting, the Home Health Aide (HHA) class is for you.
Skills and Qualifications
Creating a Safe
Health Promotion and Maintenance
Medical Teamwork (Monster.com, 2017).
Sample Job Description
Learn to care for people in the comfort of their own home and perform the following duties as a Home Health Aide:
• Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
• Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
• Assists patients by providing personal services, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
• Helps patients care for themselves by teaching the use of a cane or walker, special utensils to eat with, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
• Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
• Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
• Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following aseptic standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments (Monster.com, 2017).
75-hour Home Health Aide (HHA)
INCLUDES the following certificates:
CPR/Basic Life Support
Med Records Documentation
Medical Error Prevention
• 4 weeks-Monday through Friday
Due to the lack of online payment, all payments must be made at Affordable Training in person.
We accept cash, debit or credit card, and money orders as forms of payment.